Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Park domain on another accounts domain?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by dev.null, Oct 22, 2017.

1. dev.null

dev.null Well-Known Member

What's the easiest way to "park" domain x on domain y, where x and y both have their own cpanel accounts?

Background: I'm running a massive wordpress multisite/network setup and taking advantage of the cpanel autossl (thanks cpanel!).

I'm trying to avoid the problem where I have 150 parked domains all on the wordpress multisite and the autossl can't generate one cert to handle that many names.

What I've been doing is:

1. setup the new site as it's own cpanel acct on a different IP than the multisite.
    2. do the autossl on it and make sure the cert is built.
    3. create a custom virtual host with that site domain name and cert, but the docroot and user of the wordpress multisite.
    4. switch the new site's IP to match the multisite.

I've found if I switch the IP before doing the autossl, the cert doesn't get created because it tries to do a ".well_known" trick to verify I own/control the domain.

I'm concerned that since I switched the IP, when the cert expires and autossl tries to renew it, the site will be broken once again, requiring me to switch the ip back, create the ssl, then switch the IP to the multisite again.

There really should be a better way...

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator