The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

park/point domain .. old way was better (mod edit: please re

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by idn, Dec 30, 2001.

1. idn

idn Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Honestly, I think the old way was better.. Where you could type: PARK: domain.com over sub.DOMAIN2.COM

Now, you have to select it from a list... its not as good.......

Anyone else prefer the old way?

sean

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I prefer the old options, although I understand the reasons the options were limited for non-root WHM accounts.

3. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf Well-Known Member

did i miss something? I checked my park / point and its how its always been, no pull downs

using 181 stable

4. Annette

PartnerNOC

Not the server WHM, reseller WHMs. They used to have the ability to park anything they liked (for example, against a subdomain on one of their resold accounts in order to point a domain) by selecting something from the list or by typing it in. They are no longer able to type in options such as sub.domain.com. This change does not affect the master WHM account, of course - it\'s just annoying on the reseller side since they now can\'t readily use that shortcut to point domains and have to forward those requests to the server owner instead.

5. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:81fa924e98]it\'s just annoying on the reseller side since they now can\'t readily use that shortcut to point domains and have to forward those requests to the server owner instead.[/quote:81fa924e98]

I never use the reseller function of WHM. So if a reseller already has 10 domains do these domains not show up in that list?

6. Annette

PartnerNOC

Those resold domains will show up in the list, yes. However, things like sub.resolddomain.com do not (of course). If you (as a reseller) wanted to point otherdomain.com to resolddomain.com/sub and did it the fast way by parking otherdomain.com on top of sub.resolddomain.com, in the past you could simply type sub.resolddomain.com into the field on the park/point domain page, type on otherdomain.com, submit it, and be done. This is how we had all our resellers doing it before the option was changed. Now, we have to do that for them, which introduces a slight delay between the time they open a ticket and the time we do it when before they could do it on their own. As I said before, I understand the reasons behind the change, but I still prefer the old way.

7. bdraco

bdraco Guest

parked and subdomains should now be able to be parked on top of for resellers (after you update cpanel of course)

8. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Annette,[quote:9a7fa74656]parked and subdomains should now be able to be parked on top of for resellers (after you update cpanel of course)[/quote:9a7fa74656]Good news.

[quote:9a7fa74656]If you (as a reseller) wanted to point otherdomain.com to resolddomain.com/sub and did it the fast way by parking otherdomain.com on top of sub.resolddomain.com, in the past you could simply type sub.resolddomain.com into the field on the park/point domain page, type on otherdomain.com, submit it, and be done.[/quote:9a7fa74656]Will it be right to say that the resolddomain owner still needs to set up the subdomain in Cpanel before it appears in that list? Or, are there any shortcuts to creating a subdomain which I\'m not aware of?

9. bens

bens Member

Glad to see that the old way is sort of back.

However, resellers can not add parked domains against their main account. It seems that they can park domains towards resold accounts, but not their main one..

10. Annette

PartnerNOC

Within the root WHM, change the ownership of their reseller account to them and they will be able to do this.

11. bens

bens Member

Thanks Annette! Exactly what I was looking for! :)