The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Park/point not operational - anyone with the same?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annette, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Before I file a bug report...

Is anyone else seeing a problem with the park/point option in WHM? If you select an item from the list or if you type it in, input the domain to be parked and submit, the system always returns a &sorry, a dns zone exists for (domain.com). please delete it first.& error. It does this even if a zone file does NOT exist for the domain (i.e., it's the domain that we're parking, or some random string of characters).

Thanks.

2. Elena

Elena Well-Known Member

I haven't recieved that error yet, but I have recieved a bunch of others I was planning on putting in a bug report myself.

1. If a domain existed on the server previously as a main account.. and has since been terminated.. trying to park or point the domain results in the error &Sorry, that domain (domain.com) is already in use!& -- already known that cpanel doesn't remove everything when terminating an account.. where I think the culprit lies is in the localdomains list, but could be caused by the domain being mentioned anywhere. :\

2. Main problem with the above error... even though cpanel fails to park/point the domain, when creating the domain pointers... it still sets up the subdomain and ftp account. If the first part is an error... the entire process should be killed then and there I think.

Such a wonderful addition to cpanel, I hope Nick will be able to squash these bugs swiftly. If you do enter a bug report please let me know and I will add the bugs I've found too.