The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Park Wrapper Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hughmiller, Mar 10, 2009.

1. hughmiller

hughmiller Member

Hi all,

Newbie here, but as far as I can tell there isn't a previous thread with this issue.

The error message I am receiving when trying to create addon domains is:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: xx.xx.xx.xx,xx.xx.xx.xx Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.​

(Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the correct nameservers for Heart Internet)

Here's the issue; I am using Heart Internet. Last week I set up a couple of test accounts on the server using WHM / Cpanel. I've been using the same software for a few years with my previous host.

So I created an account in WHM and then added on an addon domain in CPanel with no problems at all. Could FTP the addon domain, http worked ok etc etc.

This week I moved another batch of domains over. First set up the main account and attempted to add the subdomains and got the error above. Since nothing is actually live yet and we are in the process of setting up everything I decided to remove the addon domain that had worked OK the week before and re-add it (having looked at A record settings etc and could see nothing different). When I attempt to re-add this domain I now get the same error message.

I'm guessing that I've hit a setting in WHM or Cpanel somewhere that has caused a problem with the nameservers but cannot see what, how or where this might have happened.

Anyone able to help? Other versions of the error message I have investigated on the net seem more to apply to trying to add on a new domain when the nameservers are incorrect, this is not the case on this issue.

2. JPC-Shaun

JPC-Shaun Well-Known Member

Hi;

Most probably you were trying to add the domain as an addon domain from Cpanel. CPanel will not allow it if the domain is not pointing to the correct Nameservers that are setup on the server. In order to setup this domain, create a subdomain from cPanel fill it with your content and then use the feature from the WHM >> 'Park a domain' to addon the domain , which will point the new domain to your subdomain.

3. hughmiller

hughmiller Member

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the domains are pointing to the correct nameservers.

The WHM interface has the nameservers enabled, the cPanel is for a domain pointing at these same nameservers (this domain is available via http) and the domain I am trying to add via Addon Domains is also pointing at the same nameservers.

It looks very much as though the server is not set up to use these nameservers, but I have looked through WHM and these nameservers are referred to throughout.

Weird eh?

4. hughmiller

hughmiller Member

I've managed to find, and therefore fix, the problem. Hopefully this will help someone in the future as I cannot find the same problem on any other site (and I know what that implies ;)).

In WHM (11.24.2) find in the menu

Server Configuration > Tweak Settings

Within this page you get a lot of options, the one I had to enable (tick) was:

Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (i.e. domain transfers) This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.

This was not enabled by default and I did not make any changes to this page so there must be somewhere else within the system where I have managed to disable this. Basically it allows cPanel to Add domains on to external nameservers.

5. braginsoftware

braginsoftware Registered

Thank you sooo much for your post! I couldn't manage to find what was the problem but now it is fixed;)

Thanks again!