The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parked DNS and email

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mmancini, Feb 26, 2004.

1. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

It used to be that if I parked a domain on another that all email accounts would in a sense carry over. so if I had name@domain.com and parked parked.com on top that automatically any mail to name@parked.com would go to name@domain.com but it appears to be that has changed with updates to Cpanel.

I was told that I should park the name and then I would have to create forwarders for each email from the parked domain to the original domain. Is this correct? That would be a lot of work!!!!

Is there any easier way to do this? I have a client with 5 domains. Can't I park them all on top of each other and use 1 pop account and have all domains be used interchangebly with that email name???

I have done this with a new small client and it appears that he is not getting emails to the main account, just to the parked account.

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    All I can say is, there is what we've been told and what we know. The best way to know things is to practice them and do some trial & error.

I have many Parked Domains and eMails, sent to the Parked Domain name, all go to the main account. Which version of WHM/Cpanel are you using -- real SysAdmins use Edge. :eek: ;)

3. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

I'm running WHM 8.9.0 cPanel 8.9.0-R33
    RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v2.1.2

I understand CPanel's change in parking BUT when you have clients of 30 emails and 8 parked domains, creating 240 forwarders when you didn't have to in the past just SUCKS!!!

4. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I never mentioned anything about Forwarders and wonder why you mention them?

name@parked.com automatically goes to name@domain_it's_parked_on.com unless a Forwarder is setup to redirect somewhere.

Maybe I don't understand the problem or you've setup things differently?

5. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

It may be my server then but it appears recently that new domains that I create and park have issues with emails not getting to the person@domain1.com and person@domain2.com and my colo facility said this was due to a change in Cpanel. Are you saying that this is not the case and any domain parked on another should get all the emails and my machine just has some quirks?

6. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Cpanel > E-Mail > Default Address

If your Parked Domains are showing up and the account they are parked on is using the 'catch-all' setup (which is by default), they should also show as being sent to: parked domain - accountID.

This means whomever controls the parked domain account should be able to receive all eMail sent to any Parked Domain.

I use RH 9 & Edge if it makes any difference.