The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parked domain and SSL certificate

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Keith Davis, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Keith Davis

Keith Davis Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    We have a Magento multi site with parked domains for each store and have an EV SSL Certificate which works for all the parked domains on the cert. On adding a new SSL install for a new parked domain for the multi store I simply renew the cert and install as normal through cPanel, (Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain)

However this time I first added the domain as a normal domain on a dedicated IP to cPanel then realised my mistake and deleted the domain and then added it as a parked domain. I did have an error stating this domain already existed but later on looking at parked domains I saw that the domain was showing ok as a parked domain.

The domain is already live on another server so I can't simply just move it across until I get the SSL cert working.

I have seen on other posts that the original domain information may exist in the .httpdocs files and this might cause a problem on trying to enter the new SSL certificate keys?

Any help please would be great.
    Thanks.

#1 Keith Davis, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016
  2. Keith Davis

Keith Davis Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Sorry should have placed the version up

CENTOS 6.8 x86_64 standard – server88-208-249-52 WHM 58.0 (build 19)

3. Keith Davis

Keith Davis Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It seems that I had to update the name servers of the domain to show the domain pointing to my server and then all work ok by re-keying the SSL certificate and installing again.
    The error shown on cPanel after deleting the domain was not causing the problem.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.