The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parked domain - forwarding a forward?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evolve, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Hello all,

First off I am glad to join the glistening, twittering, fresh out of the womb ranks of the newbs here with my first newb question.

I have set up my first parked domain which forwards to my default email of the main domain. However, i also have the main domain forwarding to my outside personal email at my ISP.

When i send email to my parked domain it does forward it to my main domain, but it then sits in that main default mailbox. Shouldn't it get forwarded out to my ISP's email address? So it would get forwarded and then forwarded?

I know i can simply change the parked domain's forward to my ISP's email, but it just seemed kinda strange.

2. kalsta

kalsta Member

You would think it would get forwarded again -- but then I'm fairly new to this too.

One thing I have noticed with email forwarding -- you don't need to actually add an email account (mailbox) for it to work as a forwarding address. If you do set it up as an account, mail will be forwarded but it will also sit and build up in the account's mailbox.