The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parked domain problems after transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhitesma, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jhitesma

jhitesma Member

I'm transferring accounts between two servers both running WHM 11.28.87 and am having problems with parked domains on the accounts I transfer.

I'm using the "transfer multiple accounts" function since I'm moving quite a few accounts between servers.

The transfer appears to go well, but then on the new server the parked domains don't show up and the accounts in question show as having no parked domains allowed. (Which is likely since our default packages don't allow parked domains and we manually adjust each account when they need parked domains.)

The bigger problem is when I go in and adjust the accounts on the new server to allow parked domains and try to add the missing parked domains it gives me an error:

Code:
    Error from park wrapper: PARKEDDOMAIN is already configured. 

Where 'PARKEDDOMAIN' is the domain I'm trying to park.

But even though the parked domain has it's DNS pointing at the new server it's not coming up I just get the "Default website" page. And the domain I'm trying to park doesn't show up on either the accounts cpanel parked domains page or on the WHM 'List parked domains' page.

I could go in and add it to the httpd.conf manually...but I'd rather avoid that at least in part because if they don't show up in the WHM/Cpanel settings I tend to forget about the parked domains.

Any idea how to get these domains parked and why cpanel seems to think they're already parked even though they're obviously not?

2. jhitesma

jhitesma Member

Quick update...I was able to park the domains using the WHM 'Park a Domain' tool. But the actual account cpanels are still unable to park the domain names that didn't come across with the transfers.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would suggest changing these accounts to a package that does allow parked domains before the transfers, trying to transfer again, then seeing if those parked domains show up at that point.

Also, would you be willing to open up a ticket for us to test this out to see this happening? It would be helpful to see if this is some kind of bug that is happening here. You can open up a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature.

4. jhitesma

jhitesma Member

Well, we don't really have any packages that allow parked domains. It's something we just add when necessary. So I'd have to create new packages and shuffle things around and honestly I just don't have time to deal with that right now (long story.)

Using the WHM to add them manually is quicker for me right now so I'll just stick with that. But I will go ahead and try to open a ticket since it would be nice to have it working as expected.

5. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I did put in a feature request thread for cPanel to create a domain cleaner script that at least makes it easy to remove and re-add the domain. cPanel obviously is detecting entries, if so, it could easily clean it as well instead of the client him/herself sifting through the cPanel files for entries.

http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/domain-cleaner-script-204702.html