The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parked domain trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unomateo, Jan 14, 2006.

1. unomateo

unomateo Active Member

Jan 14, 2006

I have a reseller account WHM.

I have a customer that is parking domains and we have run into a problem.

He is able to do it for most domain names but he has one where the registrar makes him have a host before he can change the nameservers, and in WHM you cannot park a domain without the nameservers pointing to the server, catch 22. So I logged into WHM and tried to park it for him. I chose his domain, and then parked it and it worked. So then, he went and changed the registrar nameservers. Now he cannot park the domain name because it is owned by someone else (me).

Now when I log into WHM to delete the parked domain so he can add it, I do not see it. So I tried to add it again and I get the error "Sorry, a DNS entry for already exists, please delete it first", but I do not see it. I have tried to edit the DNS record for the main domain he is using but I do not see it there either.

I found some posts about the same problem, so I sent an email to the server administrator to see if they can either remove it or edit the dns record. Is there anything else I can do?

Also, if I run into this problem, again how should I do it?

2. Tagor

Tagor Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Try this from shell, does it output any results?

dir /var/named/**