The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parked Domains Not Resolving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tj111, Sep 7, 2007.

  1. tj111

    tj111 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I am currently going through the process of changing hosting providers on our VPS. I am migrating the websites and email accounts etc. Previously I used Plesk, and had a domain with two aliases. Now in cPanel I'm trying to set up parked domains for the two second domain names. When I run a DNSReport on all three domains, they all pass (except for having nameservers on the same server), and all point to the new IP address.

    When trying to access the site going to the main domain it loads and resolves fine (http://deltascan.net).

    However when attempting to access the other two pages, they were loading off the old server (even though every test I ran said otherwise). I went so far as to shut down the old VPS, and now the pages aren't loading at all (but DNSReports show them resolving to the new address). Just some insight into where to start fixing this problem would be great.

    The domains:
    http://deltascan.net
    http://deltascanlaboratories.com
    http://deltascanlabs.com
     
  2. BrandMan211

    BrandMan211 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Try repairing your Perl version.

    /scripts/autorepair io_compress_gzip
     
  3. tj111

    tj111 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I ran that, and it returned:
    IO::Compress::Zlib is ok
    ...Auto Repair is done.

    Still acting the same. I have no idea what could be causing this.
     
  4. BrandMan211

    BrandMan211 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Well, it's very possible your ISP didn't update it's records yet. When did you change the name servers? I see these pages just fine. Try running this in your command prompt and see if it helps:

    ipconfig/flushdns

    Also try clearing cache.
     
  5. tj111

    tj111 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I ran the ipconfig/flush and cleared my local cache, history, http authentication, and all cookies and sessions, still nothing. You think it's just a matter of my local ISP not updating their DNS records yet? You can see all three domains correctly?
     
  6. BrandMan211

    BrandMan211 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I'm pretty sure of it. I see all three domains. Once again, how long has it been since you updated the NS's?
     
  7. tj111

    tj111 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    It's only been about 4-5 hours, but the fact that two different DNS checker's validated it and I still couldn't load it freaked me out. I guess if you can see all three I just won't worry about it for now, Alltel must have the nameservers cached. If its not working on Monday I'll have to worry. Thanks
     
  8. BrandMan211

    BrandMan211 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    4-5 hours is honestly a very short time when it comes to domain resolving. Most changes take 24-48. The fact that I can see it is amazing. I wouldn't worry about it.
     
Loading...

Share This Page