The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parked Page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moogle, Oct 2, 2008.

1. moogle

moogle Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was searching around for a way to set up my servers so that any domain that is pointing to it and doesn't have a DNS zone will show a specific page that I choose. I'd like to put up a parked page for any site who points to my nameservers but doesn't actually have an account.

Is this possible? Is there a security issue associated with it?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Yes thats possible. You can simply add a wildcard in your dns. Be sure this virtualhost is loaded last in your httpd.conf so your valid accounts do not get this page. You may want to put this in an include which loads last.

<VirtualHost 111.111.111.111:80>
    DocumentRoot /location/to/webfiles
    ServerName *
    </VirtualHost>

That should be all you need. You may want to shove it on a dedicated IP. Again just be sure its the last host loaded in your conf and any unreferenced sites will load that documentRoot.

3. moogle

moogle Well-Known Member

Could this potentially cause problems if accounts, addon domains, or subdomains are added after?

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Yes, which is why it needs to be the last container loaded, so use an include file in whm > service configuration > apache setup > Post VirtualHost Include

This will keep it loading last.