The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking / Adding Domain without Changing NS Records

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter-L, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Peter-L

Peter-L Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have domain1.com registered and NS records pointing to No-IP.com I have it setup as follows -

domain1.com - A - <Public IP of Hosting>
    www.domain1.com - CNAME - domain1.com
    mail.domain1.com - CNAME - domain1.com
    domain1.com - MX - <Publick IP of Hosting>

This all works fine, however I want to add domain2.com and domain3.com to my hosting. I'm unsure if I should be parking or adding?

Also as domain2.com and domain3.com have their NS records pointed to No-IP.com I cant delegate the DNS to my hosts NS servers. When I try and add the new domains (add or park) I get an error -

Code:
    Using nameservers with the following IPs: <IP>,<IP> Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver. 
    So from reading the error do I have to get ns1.no-ip.com / ns2.no-ip.com added to the /etc/ips.remotedns ?

Thanks,

Peter