The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial home folder restore

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by crazybrain, Feb 19, 2015.

1. crazybrain

crazybrain Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello there

I'm migrating some domains from my old whm to the new one, I do so by backuping home folder, db and forwarders and restoring them in the new whm.

So far so good, i successfuly migrated all of them except 2 big domains that have a backup size of 1.8GB and 2.9GB.

When i restored these backups in the new whm i found out that almost half of the data hasn't been restored, i see the correct number of email accounts in the Stats column but if i try to look for them in the Email Accounts section i can't see them.
    In the filemanager of the new server I also noticed that there are way less files and folders, some of them are empty or sized 0KB, which is actually not their size in the old filemanager.

I tried backing up and restoring multiple times by now, even recreating the account in the new whm, but nothing changed the partial result of the restore.

Am i doing something wrong?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any error messages when packaging the account or restoring it through the command line? EX:

Code:
    /scripts/pkgacct $username
    /scripts/restorepkg $username
    Have you considered using the "Transfer Tool" option offered in Web Host Manager?

Thank you.