The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial MySQL Database Backups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aristile, Apr 16, 2008.

1. aristile

aristile Member

My apologies if this as been asked previously but I did some searching and did not find anything close so I decided to create a thread.

I have an issue in cPanel that I would appreciate any help in resolving. In the "Backups" part of the administration there is a section called "Download a MySQL Database Backup". My problem is that if you click to download some of the databases the only thing contained in the backup is the following:

-- MySQL dump 10.9
    --
    -- Host: localhost Database: <database name>
    -- ------------------------------------------------------
    -- Server version 4.1.22-standard

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
    /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
    /*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
    /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
    /*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
    /*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
    /*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
    /*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

The weird part is that some databases download as expected and contain all of the data but others do not. I created all of the databases the same way via the cPanel process. I can not seem to pinpoint the problem so if anyone else has answers it would greatly appreciated.

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

3. aristile

aristile Member

Seem to have fixed my problem

Thanks for your help on this. I checked my version and I was on the correct version. I went ahead and had WHM re-update the version in case something happened but still had the same results. To fix my problem I went to the first database that was not backing up and I did a "repair" in cPanel. After this all seems to be working now. Very strange because other than this the database worked normally. Oh well at least I got it fixed. Hopefully this can help someone else with the same problem.