thcpanel

Oct 23, 2010
I need to migrate my site to a new server, so I decided to change the partitions because I have many problems with disk / tmp and / var/ tmp full

Thought about: total disk 512gb m2 nvme

/boot = 4GB
/swap = 16GB
/tmp = 20GB
/ = the rest of space

or

/boot = 4GB
/swap = 16GB
/ = the rest of space

I need a large parsing /tmp since I have a lot of problems executing commands "df - h" no hard disk problems appear, but when running the command "df -i" full partition appears, so, every time I have to do the same process, to clean.

service stop cpanel
service stop mysql
service stop nginx
umount -l /tmp
umount -l /var/tmp
rm -fv /usr/tmpDSK
/scripts/securetmp
service start cpanel
service start mysql
service start nginx

SecureTMM when I run it says it has reserved 4096mb, but still loads in less than 12 hours, many sess_ *

I await the suggestions and experience of everyone and thank you for your attention.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
/boot = 4GB
/swap = 16GB
/ = the rest of space
Hello @thcpanel,

I'd go with this option because it allows the /tmp directory to make use of the available space on the root filesystem. Otherwise, you'd assign 20G to /tmp that it may or may not use at any given moment.

Thank you.

thcpanel

Oct 23, 2010
Hello @thcpanel,

I'd go with this option because it allows the /tmp directory to make use of the available space on the root filesystem. Otherwise, you'd assign 20G to /tmp that it may or may not use at any given moment.

Thank you.

My problem is inode, is there any way to release 100% inode since I only have 1 website and I need it to use all server resources, in less than 1 hour I'm getting 100% alert when I type df -i , so they are not able to create a session because it says to be full.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @thcpanel,

Is it only /tmp that's reaching 100% inode usage, or is it the entire system? Generally, the first step is to determine what's leading to the inode usage. There's a post here that provides an example of how to check where the inode usage is coming from.

Thank you.