The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

partitions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newbee, Mar 28, 2003.

1. newbee

newbee Member

We recommend the following partition scheme:

/boot 35 Meg
    /usr 2048+ Meg (If you have a 60 gig drive try 4096 for /usr, 5000 if you have an 80 gig drive, etc)
    /var 1500+ Meg
    /tmp 1024 Meg
    / 1024 Meg
    /home grow to fill disk
    swap 2x memory size

based on these instructions how would I partition or configure the following:
    Internal RAID
    drive 1 - 36.4gb
    drive 2 - 36.4gb
    drive 3 - 36.4gb
    drive 4 - 36.4gb

if it is a raid then how would i be able to partition? does cpanel absolutly need partitions if so what can I do with the setup above?

thank you for any help/ideas..

2. newbee

newbee Member

please advice

anyone>?

thanks.

3. newbee

newbee Member

Raid 5e

Having the server configured with 4 identical drives with a raid 5e setup - could this work for the purpose of hosting multiple accounts and for the dedicated sole purpose of cpanel and its required settings... In the install guide it says that it requires the partitons to be made for cpanel to work correctly... How would I configure cpanel to work with a raid 5e setup?

what options do I have - I wish to have the best possible hardware configuration to allow for easy and effortless growth with 1000+ accounts and have cpanel configured as it needs to be given that the partitions are set as needed.

say I have 4 x36gig drives raid5e preconfigured from IBM with linux 7.3 - what do i need to do partition wise? Ii am new to this. please give me some ideas and or direction... I am also looking for anyone who configures and installs cpanel as a service provider or individual...

thx.