The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password issue....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whiskina, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Whiskina

Whiskina Registered

I have added an add on domain to my main hosting account through cpanel. I set up the add on domain, created a password but am unable to access the cpanel for that domain only using the password I created. I have deleted and re-added several times, even using a password generated by cpanel, all to no avail. I checked with my hosting provider who states I did everything correctly.

I have someone building that particular site and would like him to have access to the files that pertain to him only. Is the only way to access the files through the main domain name cpanel?

I hope this makes sense and any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

#1 Whiskina, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You should be able to access your addon domain files via FTP. If the domain is still not pointing to the server then you will need to use IP address to access FTP. FTP user should be user@youraddondomain.com and password which you have set.

In case if it doesn't work, you can still upload the files to addon domain space use main domain's FTP. Once, you create addon it will create a folder (inside or outside public_html). You can upload your addon site contents directly in that folder.

Kailash

3. sanjaydagar123

you no need to delete hosting account, just go to WHM => Account Function => Password Modification, choose your domain, here you can see your username, put new password, click on change password.

Go to http://yourdomainname.com/cpanel, put username as you see when change password and put password which you reset. You will able to login to cpanel. For login to FTP, host address is yourdomainname.com or ip of yourdomainname.com, use same cpanel username and password as ftp username and password.