The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uny2bld, Mar 1, 2014.

1. uny2bld

uny2bld Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recieved an email with my password (which was weird bc I thought I chose a password upon creation) and then when I went to change my password, it said it was incorrect but I coppied and pasted it so I have no idea how it could possibly be incorrect...

- - - Updated - - -

I double checked that I didn't copy any unecessary spaces, etc. and nothing worked. I even tried typing it and it still didn't work...

2. uny2bld

uny2bld Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    can someone reset my password please and send it to me?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind... my old password works - I have no idea why that email would assign me a new password bc it didn't do anything

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel is only a software vendor, not a hosting provider, so no one here has access to reset your password. I am glad that you were able to regain access, but you should still talk to your hosting provider to inquire whether the e-mail you received was legitimate or not. cPanel would never send you an e-mail like the one you described. Your hosting provider is who you need to contact in the future if you ever have a problem with the password for your site or server.