Password Maintenance <- **DOES NOT WORK**

DeathNova

Nov 20, 2003
Okay, this is about the 100th problem i've had with Cpanel/WHM since installing it on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE about a month ago. This time, password maintenance under Cpanel is not properly updating the password. It will pretend like its changing the Cpanel password but when you log out and log back in it will not accept the new password, only the old one.

Okay. So what gives? How does one go about fixing the damn thing this time? :rolleyes:

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by DeathNova
Okay, this is about the 100th problem i've had with Cpanel/WHM since installing it on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE about a month ago. This time, password maintenance under Cpanel is not properly updating the password. It will pretend like its changing the Cpanel password but when you log out and log back in it will not accept the new password, only the old one.

Okay. So what gives? How does one go about fixing the damn thing this time? :rolleyes:
bsd 5.1 is only supported in edge.

easyhoster1

Sep 25, 2003
Same thing with bsd 4.8 We have to change it in whm and works from there. This is the default user only and add on mail box passwords work fine in c-panel.

DeathNova

Nov 20, 2003
Am I just being unreasonable or are these types of bugs unacceptable for a program that retails $55.00/copy/month?

DCM

Dec 14, 2003
Got the same thing happening on my redhat box.
WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.5-R20

And using the bluelaggon skin, it says "password has changed" but it doesnt. The old one is still the only one that works. Changing password in WHM still works ok but users can not change their passwords.

DC

DeathNova

Nov 20, 2003
Already did, looks like we're going to have to wait for a fix in a future version. :(

MattDr2

PartnerNOC
Feb 19, 2003
Norman, OK
Can this problem not be fixed or what?

We have about 10 requests coming in every day asking for their password changed because the password change doesn't work.

It's been over two weeks since this problem was initially posted and it has yet to be fixed? Please, get it fixed.

Doesn't work on our Fedora, RH 7.3, or RH9.0 servers.

Regards,
Matt

hicom

May 23, 2003
temporary work around

As suggested by jibx in another post, to fix the password problem on FreeBSD, you need to install expect from:

/usr/ports/lang/expect

run > make install clean

this will also install TCL.

However, this only fix the cPanel change password problem. FTP password woul still be the same as the old one.

I hope cPanel address this in their next release as it seems all FreeBSD servers experience this behaviour on the current STABLE release.

MattDr2

PartnerNOC
Feb 19, 2003
Norman, OK
We're running RH9 and all of our servers have this problem running R60.

I've tried reinstalling expect.

Regards,
Matt