Password mismatch checking pop3 mail

erobs

Nov 24, 2002
Seems to be on a single account. Webmail works. When attempting to check pop3 mail I receive the following error:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.xxxxxxxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxxxxxx.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username/Password Mismatch perhaps [email protected] ?', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

This is the primary email account on the domain, the username password works to log into cpanel, but not popmail. I have tried it as username and [email protected]

/scripts/updateuserdomains has been ran with no luck

Any thoughts?

Rob

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 17505

binbash

Oct 23, 2002
Just try resetting the password for the domain to the current one itself, in WHM.

thx

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

carperman

Feb 7, 2002
i have this problem and have posted a thread about it, tried resetting account password even deleting account and creating it again.

mine is on reseller account and need to get it sorted

erobs

Nov 24, 2002
I have reset the passworld to verify that we are using the correct one. This is the main email for the account and it does work on cpanel.

hostcp3

Jun 18, 2002
Make sure he doesn't have :fail: or :blackhole: setup as default address.

if so remove it and try again.

carperman

Feb 7, 2002
No non of these are used, for me the base email is used the only email account on domains, which is used as catchall for web mail system.

If i created a new email account and set it as default all works ok?

carperman

Feb 7, 2002
ticket submitted

I have submitted a cpanel support ticket as this not just affecting me.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: ID# 17658

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
wonder what the fix was for this problem?

I have the same thing. The main account POP3 does not work, tells me I have a username/password mismatch. I am using [email protected] as the username (I know how this all works, been checking mail with other accounts fine)

If I create a new mail account, it works fine.

I have changed the password for the main cpanel account, and I am using that new password to log into cpanel. But when I try to check pop mail for this account, using the [email protected] it still fails (username / password mismatch).

Any other ideas? I'm just scratching my head on this one.

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by sneader
wonder what the fix was for this problem?

I have the same thing. The main account POP3 does not work, tells me I have a username/password mismatch. I am using [email protected] as the username (I know how this all works, been checking mail with other accounts fine)

If I create a new mail account, it works fine.

I have changed the password for the main cpanel account, and I am using that new password to log into cpanel. But when I try to check pop mail for this account, using the [email protected] it still fails (username / password mismatch).

Any other ideas? I'm just scratching my head on this one.
The main account? You do know that the main account does not use the @domain.com part, right?

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
No, I didn't know that. And now that I have removed @theirdomain.com it works!

How was I to know? :)

Thanks!!!!

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by sneader
No, I didn't know that. And now that I have removed @theirdomain.com it works!

How was I to know? :)

Thanks!!!!
No problem.:) It's counter-intuitive, but I was afraid to get my head chewed off for suggesting it...Glad it's working for you now.