Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Password Not Working WHM/Cpanel Root Administrator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bidi, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Bidi

Bidi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello first off all sry for my bad english if i will make any mistakes writing.

I have a problem with my root i have a VPS with WHM,Cpanel & WHMsonic they all have payed license is the second time when is happen like this and i never had problems like this befor.

All is fine after a couple of h or after 1 day the root password not working any more i can't login on whm or cpanel or whmsonic not even with putty and i don't know what to do any more.

My provider he checked the logins logs to see if someone hacked my root and nothing is just my ip i try to change the password frome OpenVZ Web Panel and still the same i have 2 VPS 1 widouth any cpanel or somting just empty and i hever had problems not even with the second one just after i installet and buyet cpanel and whmsonic it makes like this if some one hacks my vps i think he destroy or make somting on the root but nothing not even a file maked or moved not even in cpanel.

Please help my im verry dispret i don't know what to do any more and i don't whant to remove cpanel or whmsonic becuse i need them i truli whant to say this was not hapaning befor when i didn't have cpanel or whmsonic i dont understand...

TNX

2. Bidi

Bidi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I dont know how or whats hapen but the password was working and in cPHulk Brute Force Protection i fiind this:

30 failed login attempts to account root (system) -- Large number of attempts from this IP: 64.22.82.133

And manny more frome more ips is this what cause not to let me login ?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Yes, it's possible the "root" user was locked out by cPHulk brute force detection. It's a good idea to browse to:

"WHM >> Security Center >> cPHulk Brute Force Protection"

Add your IP address to the "White List (Trusted IP List)" to ensure it's not blocked in the future.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...