The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password Protected Directories (by client?)

Discussion in 'Security' started by gharper, Nov 10, 2011.

1. gharper

gharper Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am creating a website for a friend of mine. She is a photographer and wants to offer password protection for her client's proofing pages. I intended to use password protected directories, but it looks like I can't offer her a login to add the directories herself?

Is there a way to allow her access to setup her own protected directories? I don't want to deal with the maintenance of adding new dir. every week as she adds clients. I know she can add a new directory via ftp, but there's not an option for adding password prot. to those, right?

I'd appreciate any help/ideas. I'm very comfortable with HTML, but I'm fairly new to the server side of things.

Thanks!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure I understand. She does have cPanel access right? She should be able to make use of the cPanel File Manager and create directories, and then jump over to the Password Protection section of cPanel and lock it down easy enough.

Or is this not the case?

3. keaza

keaza Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    what i think hes saying is his client will be doing this alot more often then he would idealy like and doesnt want to keep having to login an setting passwords up for her