The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

password protected directories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theMezz, Mar 31, 2004.

1. theMezz

theMezz Registered

My web host uses cpanel - - I need to assign 200 user names and passwords to a single directory. Using cpanel takes too long - - and way to do that locally in a text file and just ftp it up to my web space?

thanks.

2. Webworks1

Webworks1 Member

If you find a resolution please post it.

3. theMezz

theMezz Registered

tech support at my wbe hosting says their is NO solution
    It sucks!

Even worse, I types in 50 user names and passwords and all was well for a while - - now my fp extensions got blown away somehow, so I have to reinstall fp extensions.

In doing so, I will loose the 50 names/passwords I typed in with control panel. No way to back them up, because I cannot even see those files when I ftp in.

cpanel is ok for low level stuff, but get into anything like this and you'll run into all kinds of issues.

4. Webworks1

Webworks1 Member

That stinks..

As far as backing up files goes, Im not sure what access you have to your account but there are a few thing to try:

If you have access SSH into account and backup what you need to.

If you are using WS_FTP (free) you can log into account and enter -la in the box below the MKDir button. Then hit refresh. This will show hidden files.