Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Password Strength Config not available

Discussion in 'Security' started by inclebert, Nov 20, 2017.

1. inclebert

inclebert Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi, I Have searched a few threads with varying level of success in solving a password problem.

I am a reseller of hosting using WHM v68 and Cpanel of course to administer. I have been contacted numerous times to have the strength requirement reduced. Problem is it does not show in the WHM or Cpanel at all. The location in WHM being . home/security center/password strength configuration is not there! It has external config and two point autho. That is where I am at! My system admin is at a loss (in itself a concern if I am to be honest). So I though might find something here :)

Any help is appreciated.

inclebert

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't see anything in the documentation about a Reseller being allocated the privileges to be able to change Password Strength:

Guide to Reseller Accounts - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
    Reseller Center - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation
    Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

I suspect the Password strength can only be set by the root administrator. If your root administrator does not have the Password Strength Configuration available in the Security Center, they should probably open a ticket to cPanel support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The previous post is correct. You can only modify this setting with root access.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...