The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAssword Updates

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by techteen, Nov 12, 2009.

1. techteen

techteen Active Member

Hello,

I read somewheres on a old cPanel page that cPanel could do a call back to a remote script when a password is updated. Is this still possible, if so how can i do it?

Basicly i got a accounting program that handles everything and intergrates to everything and we keep passwords for when the customer needs our help. We want to make sure this password is updated in our DB when changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. techteen

techteen Active Member

Hello,

I should probaly specify what im trying to do at the end.

When a Customer changes a password in cPanel, i would like cPanel to send the following information in a POST or XML form (whichever perl loves best) to a remote perl script.

- Username
    - Old Password
    - new Password
    - Domain name (would love to have this)
    - Host name/Server Id (basicly a variable that i manualy configure with a variable to name it, like $host = "1003";

What we would do with this information when recieved is queue our SQL database and update the field that this comes back to a match at. Having the Domain name sent back really allows for easier matching to the right account.