The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aaronsteele, Jun 15, 2010.

1. aaronsteele

aaronsteele Registered

Hello,

I am not new to cPanel! I recently changed my email password, stupid move! I cannot remember my new password, but if I wish to reset the password I have to provide the email address to where the reset email can be sent. Problem is, if I cannot remember my password, then how can I log in to retrieve and reset my password?

Is it possible that the email can be sent to an alternative address? I have three emails under my website webmail.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Reset the password via cPanel

If you only changed the password to an e-mail account, then log into cPanel as the cPanel account user and reset that mailbox's password. The following section of the documentation explains how to do this in cPanel:

Email Accounts

If you do not have access to cPanel for your hosting account, then you will need to ask your host to reset the password for you.

3. aaronsteele

aaronsteele Registered

Many thanks for your help, unfortunately I do not have access to cPanel so I'll have to wait 2 weeks for the website host to return from his hols.
    Aaron