The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShelaghG, Apr 14, 2002.

1. ShelaghG

ShelaghG Active Member

I have set up some sub-domains for some pepple and also ftp access and e-mail. I had assumed that they would be able to log into cpanel and change their own passwords but this doesn't seem to be the case. What I had intended to do is is set up their password to something like &changeme& and then have them log in and change it. Should they be able to access cpanel (without using my login) and if so, how?

2. parag

parag Well-Known Member

[quote:117a356e48][i:117a356e48]Originally posted by ShelaghG[/i:117a356e48]

I have set up some sub-domains for some pepple and also ftp access and e-mail. I had assumed that they would be able to log into cpanel and change their own passwords but this doesn't seem to be the case. What I had intended to do is is set up their password to something like &changeme& and then have them log in and change it. Should they be able to access cpanel (without using my login) and if so, how?[/quote:117a356e48]

Dear ShelaghG,

Instead of creating subdomains from your cpanle go to WHM and create a new account for your client.

Remove the existing client subdomain.

Go to WHM - Then go to account functions - say create new account.

then instead of typing just the domain name type in subdomain.yourmaindomain.com - and follow the other account steps.. :)

this way WHM will create a seperate zone called subdomain.yourdomain.com.db and also a seperate user for your subdomain client which will have a seperate Cpanel access and can change his passwords and other options.

do mail me back if you get into any problems.

best regards,
    Parag