The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Path for cwaf_client_install.sh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alouty, Apr 14, 2014.

1. alouty

alouty Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I received support from cPanel:

The file is not located in /root folder. I see you have it currently in /home/bestjob/public_html/root/cwaf_client_install.sh
    How are you transferring the file to the server? Looks like via FTP to a user's home directory. That won't work.

The file needs to be put in /root folder via SCP or another method to transfer the file.

You can copy the file from /home/bestjob/public_html/root/cwaf_client_install.sh to /root and then issue the bash /root/cwaf_client_install.sh command.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also FTP cwaf_client_install.sh to /home/bestjob/public_html/cwaf_client_install.sh. May I know what is the exact command to keyin for scp <file> <username>@<IP address or hostname>:<Destination>?? What is <username>? Is it root? What is <file> and <Destination>?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, you will need to use the "root" username if uploading a file to the /root directory. Have you considered using SFTP and uploading the file with a client such as FileZilla (assuming you use Windows)?

Thank you.