The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause/Stop Outgoing Mail Delivery

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hergy80, Oct 13, 2008.

1. hergy80

hergy80 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a wait to temporarily pause all the outgoing e-mails, allowing them to fill up in the mail queue.

Once in a while a customer will want to test a mailing that their mail campaign software doesn't allow them to see a test message with the form fields filled in. So we'd like to pause delivery so we can check it (we have mailscanner installed so we'll check them through mailwatch). Then if it's not correct we can delete them from the delivery queue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, I just hit the "MailScanner Stop" button to stop delivery when needed. This stops the delivery of the mail until I restart MailScanner.

Ron

3. hergy80

hergy80 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I don't do a lot through the control panel, and when I tried shutting down mailscanner from the commandline, the mail just went straight out, so I didn't realize that was an option.

As an FYI for anyone else, I did find another way as well (especially if you don't have MailScanner).

In the Exim Advanced Editor, you can add to the top box:

queue_smtp_domains = *

This will pause all the e-mails and queue them for delivery. It's nice too because you can view the e-mails through mailwatch and have the html rendered if you so choose. Just remember to remove or comment it out when you are done to allow the mail to flow again.