Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PDF module for spamassassin

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by freedog96150, Jul 23, 2007.

1. freedog96150

freedog96150 Well-Known Member

I was cruising the web and came across this spamassassin hack called PDF Module for Spamassassin. It took me about 10 minutes to install/configure on my server. I noticed a slight increase in average server load, but nothing dramatic. Comparing the first 24 hours, it *feels* like the amount of PDF spam has decreased. No way to quantify results with only 24 hours of run-time and a configuration file that can be tweaked.

If you find anything better for controlling PDF spam let me know. Unfortunately I cannot just disable PDF attachments on my server, so that is not an option. Otherwise I would take the easy way out of this spam tide.

So this seems to have worked for me, it may not work for you. It is not a total elimination, but a reduction in PDF spam. Your mileage may vary. Don't shoot the messenger is this does not work on your server. Good Luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...