The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pdflib - lite or pro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by onaweb, Oct 19, 2004.

1. onaweb

onaweb Well-Known Member

I am planning on installing pdflib and am wondering if lite version will work for my needs. All we want to do is pull data from db and generate pdf from data in a form that client can print off or e-mail. We would only be using php. According to what is on their site is looks like pdflib lite version would work perfectly for my needs. But when compiling apache with php, it says that a commercial license is required for pdflib.

My questions are as follows:
    1. Will lite version work for what we want it to do?
    2. Will the lite version work with cpanel?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Since easyapache offers pdflib (lite) as an option, of course it will work with CPANEL. As for your needs, take a look at their website to learn more about the differences between the two.

Keep in mind they BOTH require a license depending on how they will be used.

3. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

I use FPDF for my commercial clients... ;-) It generates invoices and reports for tracking/invoicing software.

The pdflib license is quite restrictive, and/or expensive.

4. MZmuda

MZmuda Active Member

Hi, Aric,

Are you saying that PDFLIB won't work w/o a license (ie, some sort of license file or key,) or are you saying that there are legal restrictions which the operator must abide by?

The reason I ask is because I'm having problems using pdflib - the simple pdf_begin_document() command isn't working and I'm wondering if this might be the reason.

Thanks -

Mike Z