Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PDO_Mysql, Apache 2.2, Mysql 5, PHP 5.2.4, Not Functional

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by geedew, Sep 19, 2007.

1. geedew

geedew Registered

I have posted on this topic before, looking for help with the new easyapache3.

I need to use PDO support for mysql. The pdo drivers seem to install fine with sqlite running on
    WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.12.0-C17116
    REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0
    with the standard installation mehod of easyapache3. The issue is when I try to install support for the pdo_mysql.

In other posts I created a working method for handling this and it worked great. But now, with the newer installer, and even compensating for the moved php directory, my method fails to install pdo_mysql. This is a real bummer, as the pecl just errors out with the autoconf not found (presumably something to do with tmp not being mounted as writeable). Also, the manual install (./configure blah...) goes through without any errors... yet the module is not installed, in fact, breaks pdo_sqlite.

Any body have any way to solve this... without hacking at it?

Thanks.

2. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Do you mean PDO=mysql for PHP? If so I believe that (and other otps) have moved to PECL/PEAR

3. geedew

geedew Registered

Yes, I will check out more on the pecl issue as far as tmp not being executable, and report back if I get it.