The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pear package installation problem.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mail2sacp, Jul 25, 2007.

1. mail2sacp

mail2sacp Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am on WHM 10 and I am trying to install pear module Mail_MIME on my server using following commaing.

pear install -f Mail_MIME

But we are getting following error and the package is not getting installed.
    ==================================================
    ----------------------------------------
    Warning: popen() has been disabled for security reasons in OS/Guess.php on line 248

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in OS/Guess.php on line 250

Warning: pclose() has been disabled for security reasons in OS/Guess.php on line 258
    pear/Mail_Mime requires PEAR Installer (version >= 1.6.0), installed version is 1.4.11
    pear/Mail_mimeDecode requires PEAR Installer (version >= 1.6.0), installed version is 1.4.11
    pear/Mail_mimeDecode requires package "pear/Mail_Mime" (version >= 1.4.0, excluded versions: 1.4.0)
    No valid packages found
    install failed
    -----------------------------------------

We have pear 1.4.11 installed on our server.

Please let us know if any solution for this.

Thanks

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check the disable_functions directive in your php.ini file (often located in /usr/local/lib/php.ini). If those functions (popen, fgets) are in the list, then that is what is preventing the pear usage. I think you can have pear use an alternative php.ini if you don't want to override the global settings. Check the command line parameters pear accepts.

3. myusername

myusername Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Wouldn't it be better to have this system use cpanel's php.ini instead of the public facing php.ini? Lots of us have many disable_functions in the main/public php.ini that prevent the WHM Pear thing to work properly.

Thoughts?