Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peer's Certificate has been revoked error

Discussion in 'Security' started by marjwyatt, Aug 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. marjwyatt

marjwyatt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    My hosting company, A2, recently moved my account to a server where I could enjoy the full capacity of the disk space I'd been paying for since May 2016(!). Following the relocation of my account, cPanel began reporting errors in the server name. Here's an email with that error.

=================
    The main IP address of your cPanel & WHM server is “198.100.xx.xxx”. The hostname does not resolve to this IP address. This misconfiguration can cause some services on your server to fail to restart properly. The cause of your misconfiguration is:

WHM has detected a manual hostname change.

The system will attempt to synchronize the current hostname “server” to the system configuration. In the future, update your hostname in WHM’s (server:2087/scripts2/changehostname) interface (Home » Networking Setup » Change Hostname).
    ==================

Hosting support swears there is no problem. I cannot login to WHM using Firefox or Chrome anymore.

So ... I did as suggested and altered the Hostname via the script. Now my cPanel SSL seems to have been revoked. The output from a test run on www.ssllabs.com can be found on this link.

- Removed -

I forgot to ask my question.

How do I fix this so all is well in my VPS world again?

#1 marjwyatt, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This topic is discussed on the following thread:

No more WHM access - certificate problem

Could you review my post on that thread and let us know if you have any additional questions?

Thanks!