The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People on hotmail.com cannot send e-mail to my server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by onaweb, Aug 11, 2006.

1. onaweb

onaweb Well-Known Member

Hello,
    My clients recently discovered that they are not able to receive e-mail from hotmail.com. If someone with a hotmail.com e-mail account sends one of my clients on one server an e-mail, they receive an e-mail that delivery failed and the destination mail server could not be reached.

The server is running fine, load is very low, uptime is great. The server can receive e-mail from yahoo.com and gmail.com and any other isp, but just not hotmail.com

I am currently running 3 cpanel servers, the other two are able to receive e-mail from hotmail.com, just this one that can not.

DNS reports come back fine on any domain on that server, rDNS is set up. The server is running WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-R119
    CentOS 4.3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Same as the other two servers.

I have contacted hotmail to see if they could help, they just said that my server is not configured correctly to receive e-mail from the hotmail service.

One of the domains is question is grayhorse.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yes, very likely. Did you check the log files for any errors?

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Did someone actually create an addon domain called hotmail.com or your server? That would do exactly what you are stating.

4. chilihost

chilihost Well-Known Member

check your reverse IP records and your firewall - these are the two most common causes of mail issues.

good luck

5. onaweb

onaweb Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone so far for their help.

In reply:

There is nothing in the log file at all, the only errors I see appear to be from my server sending e-mail to hotmail.com which comes up "retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

There are no domains such as hotmail.com on my server, I do not allow my clients to set up their own addons and such. I also verified it on the server and there is no hotmail.com domains set up.

The rDNS is set up, I even stopped the firewall, but no e-mail goes through.