Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

per user error_log with PHP-FPM

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by vikins, Jul 4, 2018.

1. vikins

vikins Well-Known Member

Prior to using PHP-FPM, per user error_log files were created in the directory were the php file that produced the error resided. This was fairly useful and allowed savvy end users to troubleshoot their own scripts.

Since switching to PHP-FPM all php errors are logged only to a central error.log file. That is useful for the server admin, but individual users correctly don't have access to this file. Is there a way to restore the old style error_log files while using PHP-FPM?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @vikins

There is no native way to do this but I think if it was possible to do it's a great idea for a feature request. If you would like you can open one using the link in my signature. Once it's opened please update this thread with the link to it so others can log in and vote for it.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vikins

vikins Well-Known Member

Looks like there is a proposed solution here:
    Changing PHP-FPM error_log location

Is this a possible solution?

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @vikins

You're more than welcome to try the customization they implemented to see if works for you. There's just no confirmation in that post that it does work as expected which is why I pointed you to the feature request. I haven't tried this on a test server to confirm whether or not it is a solution.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...