Percentage of email messages to queue and retry for delivery

thowa

Jan 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi;

Where do I set the value for "Percentage of email messages to queue and retry for delivery".

I cannot find it in WHM or /var/cpanel/cpanel.config

I have manually increased the max hourly emails per domain for an individual domain and want to verifiy the above value. This has been documented in:
Mail Limiting Features
but without details about where to edit the value.

Thanks in advance

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello thowa,

The option is in WHM > Tweak Settings area:

The percentage of email messages (above the account’s hourly maximum) to queue and retry for delivery. (minimum: 100; maximum: 10,000) [?]
When an account exceeds the maximum number of emails it is allowed to send per hour, by default, any additional messages are queued for delivery and sent in the next hour. This setting allows you to limit the number of messages that will be queued by the system. For example, if you set this value to 125%, once the account reaches its hourly limit, Exim will queue any additional messages, up to 125% of the Max hourly emails per domain value. Once the account reaches 125% of the Max hourly emails per domain value, any additional outgoing messages are discarded.
In /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, it is called email_send_limits_defer_cutoff

If you grep for 125 in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config file, you'd find it (if the default value is being used in WHM > Tweak Settings):

Code:
[email protected] [/var/cpanel]# grep 125 cpanel.config
email_send_limits_defer_cutoff=125
Thanks!