The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

performance and security

Discussion in 'Security' started by mehrdad abed, Mar 24, 2006.

1. mehrdad abed

mehrdad abed Well-Known Member

Hi

Would someone recommend a sort of configurations for these two purposes "performance" and “security”? I would like to know the most important configuration of services such exim, spamd, pure-ftpd, httpd and ... to prevent the server to be overloaded or hacked.

Thanks in advance.

2. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

There is many ways of securing a server, the basic options is to run a firewall for example apf. Really it depends on your system, but the basic intructions can be seen here http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=30159

If you are not very good at ssh you can employee companys to secure your server, if you need any help i don't mind securing your server as recently just secured my own.

Pm me if you need any help.

Ashley Merrick

3. mehrdad abed

mehrdad abed Well-Known Member

No problem, I have some experience on iptables and Linux shell environment,

I meant the configuration of your services like exim or purre-ftpd because I’ve not work with them yet,

However, thanks for your help, I’m sure these will be so many useful tips.

4. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, well about exim really all you need to do is configure it in whm, there is some usefull tips but the main one is to use fail as it uses alot less bandwidth and cpu time. Im not sure about ftp except if possible to disable anoymas ftp, but make sure nobody is using it.