try deleting the file in the /home/USERNAME /.cpanel-datastore/_usr_bin_perl_-v then relogin Cpanel, then it should show the right version.5.8.8 seems to have installed successfully and working fine, but cP seems to be bugged and shows that the installed version is 5.8.7, I'll report back when I find out whats up.
Indeed, that did update the version number for the account I tried it with to 5.8.8.try deleting the file in the /home/USERNAME /.cpanel-datastore/_usr_bin_perl_-v then relogin Cpanel, then it should show the right version.
did you happen to notice if you lost any Perl modules previously installed under 5.8.7 ver??
What I did was...Care to share the link? I could use some help too...
cd / wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/perl588installer.tar.gz tar -xvzf perl588installer.tar.gz cd ./perl588installer ./install cd / rm -rf ./perl588installer rm ./perl588installer.tar.gz rm -f /home/*/.cpanel-datastore/_usr_bin_perl_-v /scripts/upcp --force
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|V||Site not working properly after 78 upgrade||Installation & Updates||1|
|A||SOLVED [CPANEL-9070] Remove ALL cpanel-perl-522 rpms seen in rpm -qa on upgrade to 11.62||Installation & Updates||1|
|M||Perl not updated after cPanel upgrade||Installation & Updates||5|
|V||SOLVED Upgrade Perl Modules||Installation & Updates||6|
|Upgrade to v56 fails with cpanel-perl conflict||Installation & Updates||5|