The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

perl/cgi not working on single account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ballzo, Jun 28, 2002.

1. ballzo

ballzo Registered

We have an account on one of our systems which has cgi access but when any script is run it seems to hang in the browser. anybody know how to fix this?

2. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

What error do you get? Check your log files to find out what the error is. Make sure the CGI is uploaded as ASCII, that the path to Perl is correct in the first line of it. Try testing the script for errors from shell (perl -c -w script.cgi), etc..

3. ballzo

ballzo Registered

Everything seemed to be fine with the script I can run it from other accuonts and there is no problem at all. Nothing shows up in the log file about the script from what I can see when it is loaded from the account. I had a look at the processes and it showed the script running and using hardly any resources. but continued to do so while I had the browser window open.

Thanks for you help

4. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

I had an issue the other day where every cgi in an account give a 500, regardless of how well it worked in other accounts.

I erased the account and re-created it - works fine now!

Andy