Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Perl cgi's now need -w or -U to run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcarey, Jul 27, 2005.

1. jcarey

jcarey Registered

Not sure what I have done - but suddenly all my perl scripts need me to add -U or -w on the shebang line to run (or I get a500 internal server error) - anyone have a clue (I had auto update on - have since changed to manual - but I doubt any std update would have done it ?)

suexec log shows:

info: (target/actual) uid: (userid/userid) gid: (userid/userid) cmd: perldiver.cgi
    [2005-07-27 16:01:47]: error: target uid/gid (32005/505) mismatch with directory (32005/505) or program (99/99) or trusted user (0/10)

My script is chmod 0755, userid and group are userid/userid (real ones) and both the group and userid are defined in /etc/group and /etc/passwd respectively. and cgi is in /home/userid/public_html/cgi-bin

I may experiment with turning suexec off in apache - if I can figure out how to do that :) (this is a test server so no impact at moment)

Jim

#1 jcarey, Jul 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Is /home/userid/public_html/cgi-bin owned by userid:userid and chmod 755? Is /home/userid/public_html owned by userid:nobody and chmod 750?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jcarey

jcarey Registered

Yes - true in both cases - I noticed that the www->public_html was root.root - changed that as well to userid.nobody to no effect

strange
    Jim

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That is odd. I'm trying to wrack my brains as I have seen that before (with my perl coder hat on) but cannot rmember the cause.

If you hit a dead end, feel free to PM me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iweblite

iweblite Registered

Hello,

how may i do that? in SSH? WHM? can tell me step by step? really sorry im fresh newbies..

6. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

You need to connect to the server via SSH. If you are on a Windows platform then you can use SSH client like Putty to connect to the server and then check the permissions and ownerships of the directories.