The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perl error with Exim 4.34.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr.wonderful, May 15, 2004.

1. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

After running Exim 4.34 for a couple of days im starting to see the following error in my exim_mainlog

2004-05-14 21:59:57 1BOrH5-0005rq-OM failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 12 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 346.

2004-05-14 21:59:57 1BOrH5-0005rq-OM failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for literal router: Gid 12 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 346.

2. VexT

VexT Active Member

This only seems to only affect accounts that exist as both forwards and POP accounts. At least for me anyway.

3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am also seeing this error. Most of the time coming when a user tries to email from inside a php script i.e. user nobody. The mail just gives unroutable domain error and the mail is never delivered.

4. VexT

VexT Active Member

Thought that was from using phpsuexec and the Cpanel tweak (under tweak settings) that says: Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively.)

Trying unchecking that and it should alleviate the scripting issue, it did for me.

5. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

** BUMP **

When is this going to be fixed? I dont believe its only 2 or 3 people who are having this issue. Obviously the others dont even bother looking at their maillogs. I dont care if this has been entered via bugzilla already. It should have been tested before it was released so please fix this problem.

#5 mr.wonderful, May 26, 2004
    Last edited: May 26, 2004
  6. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    hmm... silly mistake. I just found that someone had turned on the nobody mail sender option. This was the cause.

Sorry abt the trouble guys, this is resolved for me.

7. VexT

VexT Active Member

in another thread, there's a tweak setting

"Track the origin of messages sent though the mail server by adding the X-Sender headers"

that unchecking might alleviate the issue when an account exists as both a pop account and forwards which relays mail to another host.

Haven't tried that yet. I just made another pop account and forwarded mail to that as a workaround.

8. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

It should not matter if that option is checked and should only be checked if running phpsuexec to prevent nobody from sending msgs but really this is not the issue. We have this option unchecked because we are not running phpsuexec and we are still getting this error,

Prevents users from forwarding their email and thats when the error appears. We have hundreds forwarding mail.

9. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

Can confirm I'm receiving this error also. X-Sender headers are enabled, disallow sending as nobody is unchecked. Am submitting a ticket to cPanel.

10. richy

richy Well-Known Member

Confirmed here as well. Did you open a "support ticket" or a "Bugzilla report" (if the latter, what is the bug id so we can all add our 0.2penth to it)

11. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

Only a support ticket at this stage. Was asked if running /scripts/exim4 helped. Have yet to verify the result... there's not much email traffic on the server at present...

#11 HostIt, May 27, 2004
    Last edited: May 27, 2004
  12. LVWH

LVWH Member

We too are having this same issue. Far as I can tell it is only with accounts that are forwarding emails to an outside domain.

There are thousands of entries in the logs that look like this

2004-05-27 09:00:25 1BTMMq-0002wX-Ij ** president@ondemanddata <tania.thompson@CustomerDomain.com> R=fail_remote_domains: unrouteable mail domain "ondemanddata.com"

2004-05-27 09:00:25 1BTMMk-0002uF-Ra <tania.thompson@CustomerDomain.com>: virtual_sa_userdelivery transport output: 2004-05-27 09:00:25 1BTMMq-0002wX-Ij failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 12 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 346.

2004-05-27 09:00:25 1BTMMk-0002uF-Ra => tania.thompson <tania.thompson@CustomerDomain.com> R=virtual_sa_user T=virtual_sa_userdelivery

The above represents an email sent to our customer, Tania who has a POP account on our server, and who is having all her email forwarded to to me, president@ondemanddata and the above error is what we get and no email comes through to my mailbox.

We need a fix for this as it is a critical issue right now.
    It appears that all of our customers are affected by this who have email forwarded off server.

Thanks

LVWH

#12 LVWH, May 27, 2004
    Last edited: May 27, 2004
  13. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

/scripts/exim4 does seem to have fixed the issue for us? Can anybody else confirm this?

14. Vegas D

Vegas D Member

This in fact did NOT solve the problem.

I can send email to the ondemanddata.com domain but exim is having a problem when it tries to forward email to another domain. This appears to be server-wide as I have received several complaints about it now.

I am also having some issues with WebMail but have not looked at it to determine if it is related to this issue. Just thought I would mention it though...

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

LVWH, Vegas D (Sorry for the two forum accounts I will get this fixed soon)

15. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

I have been told by cPanel that removing the file /etc/eximmailtrap should resolve the issue, as per http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=623

The issue seems to be gone for us, so I can't confirm this fix :)

16. Vegas D

Vegas D Member

We got our issue fixed but it was done by our data center so I'm not really sure on what all was done. they did mention something about the glibc program and that when cPanel updated it broke that program.

Cheers!

LVWH

17. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

removing that file fixed it for me, BTW, what puts it there? /scripts/exim4 ?

Maybe it was the mailscanner autoinstall? Any ideas what it was for?