Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Perl GD.pm module - free type font support???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bjdea1, Apr 7, 2004.

1. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a client with a weather website that uses a perl program called hw3.cgi (HAM weather) and it requires GD.pm Perl module - I have installed that - but it also requires free type font support: I get this error when a test is done:

FAILURE!
    True Type Font test failed.
    The following error was reported: libgd was not built with FreeType font support
    This error will need to be resolved before you can use TTF support.

How do I do this - GD.pm is a Perl module that uses the libgd library. I re-installed the libgd library with freetype font support - but it doesn't seem to have fixed problem. I was wondering since I installed the Perl GD.pm module using the WHM "Install Perl Modules" that because there is no control over config settings of these installs - WHM automates it - could this be why free type fonts are missing? - WHM misses it?

How do I manually install the Perl GD lib with Freetype font support? Anyone?

#1 bjdea1, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  2. Shrek

Shrek Active Member

***bump***

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. touma

touma Member

Hey!

Try to use "Update Apache" selecting GD and Freetype Support.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...