The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

perl GET alias for LWP module

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disstress, Nov 12, 2009.

1. disstress

disstress Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am pulling my hair out trying to get GET set up on my box.
    I install cPanel then I install the LWP module. I never get prompted to install the GET alias when I do this.

I have installed the LWP module from the archive down loadable from the cpan site and I have installed it from the cpan prompt.

Does anyone know how I can get the GET alias installed?

2. disstress

disstress Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just got done installing perl and the LWP module on a vanilla CentOS install without cPanel and I was prompted for the option of installing the GET alias.

I am not sure that when I install cPanel that this option is not available.
    Does anyone have any insight on how to set the GET alias up after everything has been installed correctly? Or how to install LWP on a fresh cPanel install and get the GET alias to work?

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Force a re-install of LWP from CPAN to setup the GET, POST, and HEAD command aliases

In RPM-based Linux distributions the package named "perl-libwww-perl" includes the LWP module with the GET, POST, and HEAD command aliases; to check if the RPM is installed:
    Code:
    rpm -qi perl-libwww-perl
    If the RPM is not installed or if the aliases are otherwise missing (e.g., on FreeBSD), then the issue may be resolved by forcing a re-install of the LWP module from CPAN and having it install the aliases for LWP that enable the GET, POST, and HEAD commands; the re-installation may be performed using the following command, and when running it you would need to answer yes to the questions by entering "y" when prompted to create the aliases:
    Code:
    /scripts/realperlinstaller --force LWP

4. disstress

disstress Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I appreciate the input, this would have never happened on a competitor's community forums.

I found out that the reason that I was able to install the module correctly on the vanilla centos box, was due to the fact that I had the RPM installed. On the cPanel box, the rpm was NOT installed so performing the reinstall with the force flag was effective and a solution to my issue.

Even though my problem was not at all cPanel involved, I got a response from a cPanel employee with the correct solution. I used this as last resort as I have searched (using all of the major search engines) for a resolution. I am highly impressed and very grateful!

Thank you!