The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perl Libraries Issue -- Libraries Can't Be Find In Local Directories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by orty, Aug 26, 2007.

1. orty

orty Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Short Version: My question for the Perl gurus out there: How does Perl figure out how/where to look for INC files? It's obviously looking in the wrong place, and I have these identical CGI scripts on a different cPanel 11 server and they detect everything and look in the right place and run fine. New server is Cent OS 5, Perl 5.8.8 (don't know OS version of old server).

Long Version: I seem to be having a Perl library issue that I can't seem to figure out *why* it works on one cPanel server and not the other. And perl guru I ain't.

I was recently migrating a client who's running MovableType 3.33 client (moving him to 3.35 shortly) between two cPanel-powered servers (which I've done many times before and never had this issue). The source server was cPanel 10.9, destination was cPanel 11, mostly clean minus configserver.com's cPanel package. Perl on old server was 5.8.7 and perl on new server was 5.8.8.

MovableType, if you haven't used it, is mostly perl-based, and has a bunch of perl libraries in /lib and /extlib folders inside it's installation directory. Never had problems installing or using it before or with it unable to find itself.

Upon moving the site over, the thing is having a hard time finding it's own libraries until I manually declared their paths in the *.cgi files -- which I've never had to do before on ANY well-written Perl script.

The thing is still having issues with some plugins for MT, spitting back log errors like so:

Can't locate MT/Akismet.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/[*username*]/public_html/cgi-bin/mt/plugins/feeds-app-lite/lib /home/[*username*]/public_html/cgi-bin/mt/plugins/spamlookup/lib /extlib lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/ (IP: [*deleted*])

So for some reason, the INC includes the a lot of things but it doesn't appear to be looking in the correct places (like the sub-directory for these folders or the main MT folder's extlib folder). The PM files that both of these plugins need are installed in the proper places.

All the files are indeed in the correct place, permissions set properly, etc...

My question for the Perl gurus out there: How does Perl figure out how/where to look for INC files? It's obviously looking in the wrong place, and I have these identical CGI scripts on a different cPanel 11 server and they detect everything and look in the right place and run fine.

#1 orty, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. orty

orty Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can anybody help?