The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perl Modules and memory problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beddo, May 24, 2007.

1. beddo

beddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi folks,
    Not sure what to do with this one.
    If I look through the perl modules section of WHM nothing seems to work. I can list locally installed modules but try to do anything like get available package list, install a module etc and it just comes back with an empty list or won't find the module to install.

I managed to get an error out of it which is below. Running /scripts/perlmods -a through SSH however does work although I can't use that to install the module I want so I've had to do that through CPAN. The question remains though is why Cpanel is buggered..

Code:
    Method: Perl Expect
    Fetching CPAN timestamp...Done
    Testing connection speed...(this could take a while)....Done
    Ping:1.336 Testing connection speed to hurricane.hinasu.net using pureperl...(76315.15 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:0.901 Testing connection speed to cpan.mirror.anlx.net using pureperl...(174989.47 bytes/s)...Done
    Three usable mirrors located
    Mirror Check passed for cpan.mirror.anlx.net (/index.html)
    Unknown config variable 'less'
    commit: wrote '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN/Config.pm'
    CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.16)
    Going to read /home/.cpan/Metadata
    CPAN: File::HomeDir loaded ok (v0.65)
    Going to read /home/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
    CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok (v1.42)
    ............................................................................DONE
    Going to read /home/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
      Database was generated on Thu, 24 May 2007 00:55:05 GMT
    CPAN: HTTP::Date loaded ok (v1.47)
    ............................................................................DONE
    Going to read /home/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
    	(in cleanup) Out of memory during "large" request for 528384 bytes, total sbrk() is 113293312 bytes at (eval 36) line 1.
     at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 4979
    	CPAN::Index::rd_modlist('CPAN::Index', '/home/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 4567
    	CPAN::Index::reload('CPAN::Index') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 1295
    	CPAN::instance('CPAN=HASH(0x1099d68)', 'CPAN::Bundle', 'Bundle::Interchange') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 1820
    	CPAN::Shell::local_bundles('CPAN::Shell') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 2692
    	CPAN::Shell::expandany('CPAN::Shell', 'Bundle::CPAN') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 3067
    	CPAN::Shell::rematein('CPAN::Shell', 'install', 'Bundle::CPAN') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 3250
    	CPAN::Shell::__ANON__('CPAN::Shell', 'Bundle::CPAN') called at /scripts/realperlinstaller line 173