The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perl scripts and DBI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tester, May 27, 2002.

  1. tester

    tester Registered

    Joined:
    May 9, 2002
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hi!

    I just got a new dedicated server with cPanel and WMH installed on it (RedHat 7.3, VMH 4.8.0 and cPanel 4.8.0-11). Till now I really appreciate. I got some little problems during installation and everything is working fine excepted for one script.

    I have one client that runs a simple postcard interface (written in perl) that contains 5 scripts corresponding to the 5 steps needed to post the card.

    Four of those cgi scripts are working OK but the last one, the one that should connect to the database and mail everything gives an 500 internal error. Permission is set to 755.

    I disable suexec and no change.

    I reinstalled DBI by /scripts/installdbi and no error - no change.

    Is there someone that could tell me what to do? I have no more idea about the cause of that problem...:p

    Thank you!
     
  2. kwimberl

    kwimberl Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2001
    Messages:
    123
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Do you have DBD::mysql installed?
     
  3. tester

    tester Registered

    Joined:
    May 9, 2002
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Yes DBD::mysql is installed.

    You know, that script uses the same database, user and password than some other PHP scripts and everything connects fine with thoses values.

    That script was working fine on the old server. I transfered it to my local personal server (RedHat 7.3) and it works here too.

    I don't know what to think about.

    Thank you to try to help me!
     
  4. kwimberl

    kwimberl Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2001
    Messages:
    123
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I think I might actually know you tester from a past life. LOL

    Anyway, try this and see if it helps. Delete the user from the db in CPanel then readd the user to the db. After you have done this, restart mySQL.

    If that doesn't work, find me on AIM (kwimberl) and I'll see what we can figure out.
     
  5. tester

    tester Registered

    Joined:
    May 9, 2002
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Thank you Kwimberl. Everything is ok now. The user was using the same password for this user than for his MySql's admin one.

    Thanks again.
     
Loading...

Share This Page