The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

perl - unable to satisfy dependencies question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mctDarren, Jan 30, 2006.

1. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Running Centos 3.6 with latest kernel. Running latest Edge. I've been getting this message for a few weeks now:

Hasn't been a huge problem since I never use lynx, but I would like to get stuff straight in case there is a mis-configuration. I just reinstalled via perlinstaller from layer1 and when I ran /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules I got this, which I thought was installing the CGI module I need:

But I still see it cannot satisfy that dependency when I run checkperlmodules again. Anyone else ever have this problem? Or am I installing the wrong module? Do I need to grab a different module and install locally? Any help is appreciated. :)

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The dependency issue isn't with the perl module per se, but with it being in the rpm database. I'd suggest changing your yum.conf exclude list to use just perl instead of perl* and then do it again. This will install the appropriate perl module which will then be updated if need be by rpmup.

3. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, that did it, thanks Jonathan. Should I leave my exclude as just perl now or should I switch back to perl*? I dread having something update that shouldn't for fear of breaking something within CPanel (even though updating to newest stable seems always to be the best idea). Thanks again.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I'd leave it a just perl since that's what cPanel sets in the OS update app by default nowadays.