The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PerlSetEnv

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoodOmens, Aug 4, 2004.

1. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Registered

Hi,

I am doing something where I need to add a PerlSetEnv in my httpd.conf file.

I have mod_perl 1.29 installed but when I go to use that call it tells me it doesn't know what that function is.

I tried contacting my host but they say using PerlSetEnv won't work with cpanel which is strange as its a standard feature in mod_perl 1.29.

Is apache and mod_perl not installed right?

Thanks!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIK, mod_perl is not compiled into Apache on cPanel by default. There is an option to do so in WHM > Update Apache, if you want to do so. Or have you done that and it still doesn't work?

3. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Registered

It tells me httpd has failed if I do that.

I tried doing it manual via a post here but when I went to my url, I could not look at any sub folders in my main directory .

It was telling me "url not found"

If I tried installing it through apache-asp if I went to my domain I got a error saying the url "/" was not found.

Sigh ... I have been on a cpanel install where I had mod_perl working right!!

#3 GoodOmens, Aug 4, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  4. IziTop

IziTop Member

Hi
    I have exactly the same problem than you! Same problem same function that I want to use!
    I have read these forums archive and it seems it is a Cpanel problem, an incompatibility problem.
    It seems that in installing apache::asp, that resolves the problem. But seems that it isn't a stable solution.

What could we do to resolve that ? Any stable solution?