Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Permissions issue with public_html

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by team tr, Nov 4, 2017.

1. team tr

team tr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I am using EasyApache4 + cpnginx . now a days public html permission changing ever week . after unable to view/download files. after i change public html permission 0755 to 0750 changed working normal

Thanks

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /public_html should be 0750
    Directory's inside /public_html 0755

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. team tr

team tr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I changing this method. but after folder place changed automatically. and permission error coming any time.user told unable to view/download. after again i change.
    Need permanent solution.

Thanks

4. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Is the same user who is complaining of this or different one? There are chances if anyone is uploading public_html folder itself from his computer to the server, so the permission gets changed. I think if that is bothering too much, you must get some assistance from a professional cPanel administrator or you can raise a support ticket to the cPanel itself..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Check to see if "Enable File Protect" is enabled under the "Security" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings". The File Protect functionality will check the permissions and ownership values on each user account's home and public_html directories and each addon domain's DocumentRoot directory and then set the values accordingly. It's possible the change is conflicting with your custon Nginx addon, so you can try disabling "Enable File Protect" to see if it addresses the issue.

Thank you.