Permissions issue with public_html

team tr

Registered
Nov 1, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

I am using EasyApache4 + cpnginx . now a days public html permission changing ever week . after unable to view/download files. after i change public html permission 0755 to 0750 changed working normal

Thanks

team tr

Registered
Nov 1, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I changing this method. but after folder place changed automatically. and permission error coming any time.user told unable to view/download. after again i change.
Need permanent solution.

Thanks

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

Is the same user who is complaining of this or different one? There are chances if anyone is uploading public_html folder itself from his computer to the server, so the permission gets changed. I think if that is bothering too much, you must get some assistance from a professional cPanel administrator or you can raise a support ticket to the cPanel itself..

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Check to see if "Enable File Protect" is enabled under the "Security" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings". The File Protect functionality will check the permissions and ownership values on each user account's home and public_html directories and each addon domain's DocumentRoot directory and then set the values accordingly. It's possible the change is conflicting with your custon Nginx addon, so you can try disabling "Enable File Protect" to see if it addresses the issue.

Thank you.